Tk 1,37,742cr proposed for women welfare
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 15:19
Finance Minister AMA Muhith on Thursday proposed a Tk1,37,742 crore allocation for women development in the fiscal year 2018-19, which is 29.65 percent of the total budget and 5.34 percent of the GDP.
The allocation for women in the national budget increased by five folds in the last nine years as the allocation was Tk27,248 in 2009-10, Finance Minister AMA Muhith said while delivering his budget speech in Parliament on Thursday.
The allocation was Tk1,12,019 crore last year covering 27.99 percent of the total budget.
The average annual growth rate in the last seven years was around 22 percent and allocation for women empowerment compared to total budget was 23 percent during the period.
Apart from giving special attention to the promotion of female education, training and creating opportunities for self-employment and ensuring easy access to micro credit, the neglected, destitute and physically-challenged women and poor working mothers have been brought under social safety net, Muhith said.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM