Tk 1,37,742cr proposed for women welfare
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 15:19
Finance Minister AMA Muhith on Thursday proposed a Tk1,37,742 crore allocation for women development in the fiscal year 2018-19, which is 29.65 percent of the total budget and 5.34 percent of the GDP.
The allocation for women in the national budget increased by five folds in the last nine years as the allocation was Tk27,248 in 2009-10, Finance Minister AMA Muhith said while delivering his budget speech in Parliament on Thursday.
The allocation was Tk1,12,019 crore last year covering 27.99 percent of the total budget.
The average annual growth rate in the last seven years was around 22 percent and allocation for women empowerment compared to total budget was 23 percent during the period.
Apart from giving special attention to the promotion of female education, training and creating opportunities for self-employment and ensuring easy access to micro credit, the neglected, destitute and physically-challenged women and poor working mothers have been brought under social safety net, Muhith said.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara