20% of total budget for children by 2020: Muhith
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 15:33
Finance Minister AMA Muhith sets a goal to allocate 20 percent of total budget for children by 2020 as part of mainstreaming children development in the national planning and budgeting.
He said children who are employed in risky jobs are now getting skill development training and informal education for duration of 18 months and 6 months respectively.
Because of these programme interventions, 90,000 children went back to normal life. In the current year, 60,000 more children shall be brought under these programmes.
Furthermore, he said they have identified 38 jobs that are risky for children after discussion with employers, workers and civil society organisations.
The government introduced child budget from FY2015-16.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM