20% of total budget for children by 2020: Muhith
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 15:33
Finance Minister AMA Muhith sets a goal to allocate 20 percent of total budget for children by 2020 as part of mainstreaming children development in the national planning and budgeting.
He said children who are employed in risky jobs are now getting skill development training and informal education for duration of 18 months and 6 months respectively.
Because of these programme interventions, 90,000 children went back to normal life. In the current year, 60,000 more children shall be brought under these programmes.
Furthermore, he said they have identified 38 jobs that are risky for children after discussion with employers, workers and civil society organisations.
The government introduced child budget from FY2015-16.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self