5-day admission tests begin at BRUR tomorrow
Published : 12 Nov 2016, 17:54
The five-day admission tests for first year degree (honours) courses for the 2016-17 academic sessions at Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur (BRUR) will begin in the varsity campus from tomorrow.
"The university authority and its admission test committee have completed all preparations for holding the tests on November 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17," a press release said today.
Vice-chancellor of BRUR Professor Dr AKM Nurun Nabi said additional police forces would be deployed in the campus and mobile courts remain active for holding admission tests in a, free, fair and peaceful atmosphere.
According to the varsity officials, a total of 61,577 students have registered for taking part in admission tests for 1,230 seats in 21 departments under six faculties in the university. Of them, 13,296 students have registered them under the Faculty of Arts in Unit-A, 15,945 students under the Faculty of Social Science in Unit-B and 8,093 students under the Faculty of Business Studies in Unit-C.
Besides, 10,418 students have applied under the Faculty of Science in Unit-D, 8,275 students under the Faculty of Engineering & Technology unit-E and 5,550 under the Faculty of Life & Earth Science in unit F.
The admission tests for Unit-A will be held on at 9 am in the first shift, 11:30 am in the second shift, 2 pm in the third shift and 4 pm in the fourth shift tomorrow (Sunday) in the academic building of the university.
On November 14 (Monday) next, the admission tests for Unit-B will be held at 9 am in the first shift, 11:30 am in the second shift, 2 pm in the third shift and 4 pm in the fourth shift at the same venue.
The admission tests for Unit-C will be held at 9 am in the first shift and 11 am in the second shift on November 15 while admission tests for Unit-D will be held at 9 am in the first shift, 11:30 am in the second shift and 2 pm in the third shift on November 16 next.
The admission tests for Unit-E will be held at 9 am in the first shift and 11:30 am in the second shift while the admission tests for Unit-F will be held at 2 pm in the first shift and 4 pm in the second shift on November 17 next.
- Most viewed
- Madhu Mela begins in Jessore Saturday
- Facial oil in daily beauty regime helps combat damage
- Enhancing skill of women entrepreneurs underscored
- Govt to celebrate recognition of Mangol Shovajatra as world heritage Jan 21
- Bangladesh to welcome global knowledge to unleash creativity of youths: PM
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- 20 January Events
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 16 January Births
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident