RU to implement Taka 363-cr uplift schemes
Published : 04 Jan 2017, 16:46
Rajshahi University (RU) will implement various infrastructure development works at an estimated cost of around Taka 363 crore within next four years.
"We will construct two ten-storey dormitories for students and another ten-storey residential building for teachers," said Prof Chowdhury Sarwar Jahan, Pro-VC of RU adding that a project has already been passed by ECNEC in this regard. The proposed names of the dormitories are: 'Sheikh Hasina Hall' and 'Shaheed Qamaruzzaman Hall'.
RU has prepared a 25-year master plan to beautify the campus so that it can compete with other famous universities around the globe.
A 20-storey academic building and another 10-storey administrative building will also be set up to accelerate the university's academic and administrative activities.
Besides, building a boundary wall around the campus, construction of a footbridge at the main gate and drainage projects have been incorporated into the master plan.
In addition, modification of the building for Sheikh Rasel Model School,fourth science building, fourth arts building, Motihar hall and remaining works of Agriculture faculty building will be completed in future.
RU will also establish a park, cultural centre for Music and Theater department, construct a modern drainage system and cafeteria and widen the internal streets of the campus.
Prof. Chowdhury said they have chalked out the master plan to develop everything systematically on the campus. "Our main goal is to digitize every process in the university in a transparent manner, starting from admission to recruitment," he added.
VC Prof Md Mijanuddin said, "The campus was completely underdeveloped and full of anarchy when I took charge as VC in 2013. Every administrative activity was in a muddled state back then."
Upon successful implementation of the projects, the campus will get a new look, he opined.
- Most viewed
- Comilla city polls begin
- 30 March Deaths
- 30 March Births
- 30 March Events
- ‘Half Girlfriend’ motion poster: It's complicated between Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor
- WHO to continue help Bangladesh combat three major diseases
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts