RU to implement Taka 363-cr uplift schemes
Published : 04 Jan 2017, 16:46
Rajshahi University (RU) will implement various infrastructure development works at an estimated cost of around Taka 363 crore within next four years.
"We will construct two ten-storey dormitories for students and another ten-storey residential building for teachers," said Prof Chowdhury Sarwar Jahan, Pro-VC of RU adding that a project has already been passed by ECNEC in this regard. The proposed names of the dormitories are: 'Sheikh Hasina Hall' and 'Shaheed Qamaruzzaman Hall'.
RU has prepared a 25-year master plan to beautify the campus so that it can compete with other famous universities around the globe.
A 20-storey academic building and another 10-storey administrative building will also be set up to accelerate the university's academic and administrative activities.
Besides, building a boundary wall around the campus, construction of a footbridge at the main gate and drainage projects have been incorporated into the master plan.
In addition, modification of the building for Sheikh Rasel Model School,fourth science building, fourth arts building, Motihar hall and remaining works of Agriculture faculty building will be completed in future.
RU will also establish a park, cultural centre for Music and Theater department, construct a modern drainage system and cafeteria and widen the internal streets of the campus.
Prof. Chowdhury said they have chalked out the master plan to develop everything systematically on the campus. "Our main goal is to digitize every process in the university in a transparent manner, starting from admission to recruitment," he added.
VC Prof Md Mijanuddin said, "The campus was completely underdeveloped and full of anarchy when I took charge as VC in 2013. Every administrative activity was in a muddled state back then."
Upon successful implementation of the projects, the campus will get a new look, he opined.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report