DU to facilitate in-campus cycling, walking
Published : 11 Jan 2017, 22:38
A new initiative has been taken to turn Dhaka University campus friendly for walking and cycling in order to facilitate better campus environment.
A cycle rally would be held at 4pm tomorrow on the campus to kick start the new initiative which is expected to bring a tangible change in the campus atmosphere, said a DU press release.
Cyclists are requested to join the rally that would start from 'Aparajeo Bangla' and end at Shahbag via Central Shaheed Minar and 'Doel Chattar'.
Vice-Chancellor Professor AAMS Arefin Siddique would formally open the rally co-hosted by a number of non-government organizations and the Dhaka University authorities.
- Most viewed
- Bangladesh's graduation to developing country a slap to critics: PM
- 16-year-old Mitu first Bangladeshi girl to cross Bangla Channel
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 20 March Deaths
- 20 March Births
- 20 March Events
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe