DU to facilitate in-campus cycling, walking
Published : 11 Jan 2017, 22:38
A new initiative has been taken to turn Dhaka University campus friendly for walking and cycling in order to facilitate better campus environment.
A cycle rally would be held at 4pm tomorrow on the campus to kick start the new initiative which is expected to bring a tangible change in the campus atmosphere, said a DU press release.
Cyclists are requested to join the rally that would start from 'Aparajeo Bangla' and end at Shahbag via Central Shaheed Minar and 'Doel Chattar'.
Vice-Chancellor Professor AAMS Arefin Siddique would formally open the rally co-hosted by a number of non-government organizations and the Dhaka University authorities.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong