DU to facilitate in-campus cycling, walking
Published : 11 Jan 2017, 22:38
A new initiative has been taken to turn Dhaka University campus friendly for walking and cycling in order to facilitate better campus environment.
A cycle rally would be held at 4pm tomorrow on the campus to kick start the new initiative which is expected to bring a tangible change in the campus atmosphere, said a DU press release.
Cyclists are requested to join the rally that would start from 'Aparajeo Bangla' and end at Shahbag via Central Shaheed Minar and 'Doel Chattar'.
Vice-Chancellor Professor AAMS Arefin Siddique would formally open the rally co-hosted by a number of non-government organizations and the Dhaka University authorities.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM