Authorities shut Mymensingh Medical College indefinitely
Published : 23 Jan 2017, 22:16
Mymensingh Medical College has been closed indefinitely amid tension following expulsion of three students over assaulting another student.
Students have been instructed to vacate dormitories by Monday evening, said Principal Anwar Hossain.
"The decision came from a meeting of the academic council to avoid anymore untoward incidents," he said.
Those who have been expelled are fourth-year student Neyamul Haque Siyam, second-year students Anupam Dutta Arghya and Anik Mustafa Himel.
Principal Hossain said three days ago, these three had assaulted a fifth-year student Shahidul Haque.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry