Authorities shut Mymensingh Medical College indefinitely
Published : 23 Jan 2017, 22:16
Mymensingh Medical College has been closed indefinitely amid tension following expulsion of three students over assaulting another student.
Students have been instructed to vacate dormitories by Monday evening, said Principal Anwar Hossain.
"The decision came from a meeting of the academic council to avoid anymore untoward incidents," he said.
Those who have been expelled are fourth-year student Neyamul Haque Siyam, second-year students Anupam Dutta Arghya and Anik Mustafa Himel.
Principal Hossain said three days ago, these three had assaulted a fifth-year student Shahidul Haque.
- Most viewed
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- Cabinet approves draft law for planned land uses
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- ‘Beauty’ proves a beast in box-office
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building