Authorities shut Mymensingh Medical College indefinitely
Published : 23 Jan 2017, 22:16
Mymensingh Medical College has been closed indefinitely amid tension following expulsion of three students over assaulting another student.
Students have been instructed to vacate dormitories by Monday evening, said Principal Anwar Hossain.
"The decision came from a meeting of the academic council to avoid anymore untoward incidents," he said.
Those who have been expelled are fourth-year student Neyamul Haque Siyam, second-year students Anupam Dutta Arghya and Anik Mustafa Himel.
Principal Hossain said three days ago, these three had assaulted a fifth-year student Shahidul Haque.
- Most viewed
- Woman with 60kg leg at Dhaka medical
- Housewife beaten dead, husband held
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom