Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
Published : 24 Mar 2017, 03:48
About 50 students were seen collecting money from vehicles crossing Baliadangi highway around 12:10pm
Students of Melani Girls’ High School in Thakurgaon Sadar collected toll on the highway in front of the school on Thursday for an annual sports event.
About 50 students were seen collecting money from vehicles crossing Baliadangi highway around 12:10pm.
The money will be used to bear expenses of the sports event to be held during the Independence Day celebrations Sunday.
Nazmul Islam, a guardian, told the Dhaka Tribune that he had protested the authorities’ decision to send students to the highway during the school hours, but got the flak in response.
However, Headmaster Jainal Abedin claimed that it was the students who had asked for permission to collect money from the highway.
- Most viewed
- Are smoothies good for your diet? Here’s what experts have to say
- Ending the option of carrying a child is about taking control of the body
- Facebook, Twitter not affecting face-to-face contact with friends
- Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
- Why you can’t get enough of your favourite songs
- How asthma may affect your chances of pregnancy
- Recipe: Shahi Paneer, simply delicious
- Sara Ali Khan to make Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh?
- ‘Descendants 3’ to be out in 2019
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Invest in girls, women: UN chief
- Prime Minister to meet Pope today
- Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
- Adore the feel of feminism with payals
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- ‘Saudi women should not have to wear abaya robes’
- 11 February Births
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life