Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
Published : 24 Mar 2017, 03:48
About 50 students were seen collecting money from vehicles crossing Baliadangi highway around 12:10pm
Students of Melani Girls’ High School in Thakurgaon Sadar collected toll on the highway in front of the school on Thursday for an annual sports event.
About 50 students were seen collecting money from vehicles crossing Baliadangi highway around 12:10pm.
The money will be used to bear expenses of the sports event to be held during the Independence Day celebrations Sunday.
Nazmul Islam, a guardian, told the Dhaka Tribune that he had protested the authorities’ decision to send students to the highway during the school hours, but got the flak in response.
However, Headmaster Jainal Abedin claimed that it was the students who had asked for permission to collect money from the highway.
- Most viewed
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Sushma Swaraj arrives today
- 22 October Deaths
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises