Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
Published : 24 Mar 2017, 03:48
About 50 students were seen collecting money from vehicles crossing Baliadangi highway around 12:10pm
Students of Melani Girls’ High School in Thakurgaon Sadar collected toll on the highway in front of the school on Thursday for an annual sports event.
About 50 students were seen collecting money from vehicles crossing Baliadangi highway around 12:10pm.
The money will be used to bear expenses of the sports event to be held during the Independence Day celebrations Sunday.
Nazmul Islam, a guardian, told the Dhaka Tribune that he had protested the authorities’ decision to send students to the highway during the school hours, but got the flak in response.
However, Headmaster Jainal Abedin claimed that it was the students who had asked for permission to collect money from the highway.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge