Govt to ensure access of every child to education: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
Published : 05 May 2017, 12:46
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said her government wants to ensure access of every child to education to make a poverty free nation.
"Education for all is utmost important for the country to build a hunger and poverty free nation. Without modern and competitive education a nation cannot sustain in the global arena," she said.
The Prime Minister said this while publishing the result of SSC and equivalent examinations at a function at her office here yesterday.
Sheikh Hasina thanked the education ministry for the new system introduced for examining the answer-sheets for proper evaluation of the candidates under which answer-sheets are being checked by third examiners.
"Decision to introduce the new system has taken very timely as it was very important for proper examining of the merit of the students," she said.
Congratulating the successful students, guardians and teachers the Prime Minister said children of Bangladesh are meritorious. If they become attentive a little bit about their learning, they cannot fail in the examinations.
She also extended her thanks to all concerned government officials as well as the education boards for holding this year's SSC examination smoothly and peacefully and giving the result within 60 days of the completion of the examination.
Pointing out the opportunities providing by the government for education the Prime Minister said distribution of textbooks free of cost and scholarship for students from primary to higher education level have lessened financial burden on guardians to a large extent.
The government has a plan to make the education in haors, chars, hills and islands fully residential to facilitate the children of the remote areas without any hurdle, she said.
The results of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination under eight education boards and equivalent examinations under the madrasa and technical education boards were published today with 80.35 percent pass rate.
A total of 17,81,962 students appeared in the examination and out of them 14,31,722 students came out successfully. This year total 1,04,761 students obtained GPA-5.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid handed over the result to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
Speaking on the occasion the Prime Minister urged the students, guardians and teachers to avail the opportunities created by the government for development of education and give proper attention to the education of the children.
She said the government is working for creating facilities for education including development of atmosphere in educational institution, renovation of the school buildings, providing scholarship and distributing text books free of cost.
She said the government has constituted trust fund to provide financial support to the students up to higher education level. We want to provide modern education to the children through introducing multimedia system in the classes, she said.
Later, the Prime Minister through video conference talked to the successful students, teachers and officials for the Satkhira and Sherpur districts. Education Secretary Sohrab Hossain conducted the function.
- Most viewed
- 1000-handed idol of Durga
- Woman’s throat-slit body found, 4 arrested
- Merkel wins 4th term as nationalists enter German parliament
- UN finds rape evidence in Myanmar's crackdown on Rohingyas
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents