Govt to ensure access of every child to education: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
Published : 05 May 2017, 12:46
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said her government wants to ensure access of every child to education to make a poverty free nation.
"Education for all is utmost important for the country to build a hunger and poverty free nation. Without modern and competitive education a nation cannot sustain in the global arena," she said.
The Prime Minister said this while publishing the result of SSC and equivalent examinations at a function at her office here yesterday.
Sheikh Hasina thanked the education ministry for the new system introduced for examining the answer-sheets for proper evaluation of the candidates under which answer-sheets are being checked by third examiners.
"Decision to introduce the new system has taken very timely as it was very important for proper examining of the merit of the students," she said.
Congratulating the successful students, guardians and teachers the Prime Minister said children of Bangladesh are meritorious. If they become attentive a little bit about their learning, they cannot fail in the examinations.
She also extended her thanks to all concerned government officials as well as the education boards for holding this year's SSC examination smoothly and peacefully and giving the result within 60 days of the completion of the examination.
Pointing out the opportunities providing by the government for education the Prime Minister said distribution of textbooks free of cost and scholarship for students from primary to higher education level have lessened financial burden on guardians to a large extent.
The government has a plan to make the education in haors, chars, hills and islands fully residential to facilitate the children of the remote areas without any hurdle, she said.
The results of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination under eight education boards and equivalent examinations under the madrasa and technical education boards were published today with 80.35 percent pass rate.
A total of 17,81,962 students appeared in the examination and out of them 14,31,722 students came out successfully. This year total 1,04,761 students obtained GPA-5.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid handed over the result to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
Speaking on the occasion the Prime Minister urged the students, guardians and teachers to avail the opportunities created by the government for development of education and give proper attention to the education of the children.
She said the government is working for creating facilities for education including development of atmosphere in educational institution, renovation of the school buildings, providing scholarship and distributing text books free of cost.
She said the government has constituted trust fund to provide financial support to the students up to higher education level. We want to provide modern education to the children through introducing multimedia system in the classes, she said.
Later, the Prime Minister through video conference talked to the successful students, teachers and officials for the Satkhira and Sherpur districts. Education Secretary Sohrab Hossain conducted the function.
- Most viewed
- Show off your baby bump in trendy wears
- President, PM greet civil servants on Public Service Day
- Nothing speaks of love more than roses in June
- Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
- Grape compounds can kill colon cancer cells: Research
- Computer training expediting women empowerment
- May softens tone on Brexit
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists
- Holy Lailatul Qadr tonight
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Dhaka, Stockholm to fight terror together
- ‘No way out, pray our deaths are not painful.’- Engaged sister’s last words to brother
- Burn injured housewife dies after fight for life
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid