‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to represent Bangladesh in Chicago
Published : 07 Oct 2016, 00:10
Bangladeshi film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to contest with 14 other films made in the different languages, including Hindi, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Urdu, Panjabi and English at Chicago South Asian Film Festival 2016.
After the world premiere in the Seattle International Film Festival, Imtiaz Ahmed Bijon’s film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ is gone to compete in the seventh edition of the festival.
The festival kicked off today (October 5) and will continue till October 10.
‘Matir Projar Deshe’ will be screened on October 9. Popular actors Jayanta Chattopadhyay, Rokeya Prachi, Mahmudur Aninda, Sheuli Aktar, Monir Ahmed Shakil and Chinmoyi Gupta acted in the film.
A total of 15 films will participate in the competition category of the festival.
- Most viewed
- Cheese Chicken Kebab
- Chandrika Kumaratunga calls on PM
- 5 simple kitchen hacks that will make your life easier
- Prime minister deeply shocked at Manchester terror attack
- Salman Abedi: Student dropout turned suicide bomber
- Suu Kyi seeks to revive ethnic peace process
- Female Muslim comic standing up to extremism
- How sleep disorders could affect women and men differently
- Ariana Grande returns to US following Manchester bombing
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- Bollywood actress Reema Lagoo dies
- Haor people to get fresh agri loan at 4.5 pc: PM
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona