‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to represent Bangladesh in Chicago
Published : 07 Oct 2016, 00:10
Bangladeshi film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to contest with 14 other films made in the different languages, including Hindi, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Urdu, Panjabi and English at Chicago South Asian Film Festival 2016.
After the world premiere in the Seattle International Film Festival, Imtiaz Ahmed Bijon’s film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ is gone to compete in the seventh edition of the festival.
The festival kicked off today (October 5) and will continue till October 10.
‘Matir Projar Deshe’ will be screened on October 9. Popular actors Jayanta Chattopadhyay, Rokeya Prachi, Mahmudur Aninda, Sheuli Aktar, Monir Ahmed Shakil and Chinmoyi Gupta acted in the film.
A total of 15 films will participate in the competition category of the festival.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- Hiding The Propaganda
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths