‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to represent Bangladesh in Chicago
Published : 07 Oct 2016, 00:10
Bangladeshi film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to contest with 14 other films made in the different languages, including Hindi, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Urdu, Panjabi and English at Chicago South Asian Film Festival 2016.
After the world premiere in the Seattle International Film Festival, Imtiaz Ahmed Bijon’s film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ is gone to compete in the seventh edition of the festival.
The festival kicked off today (October 5) and will continue till October 10.
‘Matir Projar Deshe’ will be screened on October 9. Popular actors Jayanta Chattopadhyay, Rokeya Prachi, Mahmudur Aninda, Sheuli Aktar, Monir Ahmed Shakil and Chinmoyi Gupta acted in the film.
A total of 15 films will participate in the competition category of the festival.
- Most viewed
- 20 March Deaths
- 20 March Births
- 20 March Events
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe