‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to represent Bangladesh in Chicago
Published : 07 Oct 2016, 00:10
Bangladeshi film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to contest with 14 other films made in the different languages, including Hindi, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Urdu, Panjabi and English at Chicago South Asian Film Festival 2016.
After the world premiere in the Seattle International Film Festival, Imtiaz Ahmed Bijon’s film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ is gone to compete in the seventh edition of the festival.
The festival kicked off today (October 5) and will continue till October 10.
‘Matir Projar Deshe’ will be screened on October 9. Popular actors Jayanta Chattopadhyay, Rokeya Prachi, Mahmudur Aninda, Sheuli Aktar, Monir Ahmed Shakil and Chinmoyi Gupta acted in the film.
A total of 15 films will participate in the competition category of the festival.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids including girls drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat [...]
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule