‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to represent Bangladesh in Chicago
Published : 07 Oct 2016, 00:10
Bangladeshi film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to contest with 14 other films made in the different languages, including Hindi, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Urdu, Panjabi and English at Chicago South Asian Film Festival 2016.
After the world premiere in the Seattle International Film Festival, Imtiaz Ahmed Bijon’s film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ is gone to compete in the seventh edition of the festival.
The festival kicked off today (October 5) and will continue till October 10.
‘Matir Projar Deshe’ will be screened on October 9. Popular actors Jayanta Chattopadhyay, Rokeya Prachi, Mahmudur Aninda, Sheuli Aktar, Monir Ahmed Shakil and Chinmoyi Gupta acted in the film.
A total of 15 films will participate in the competition category of the festival.
- Most viewed
- India invites self-financed engineering and pharmacy students from Bangladesh
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Dial 109 to combat violence against women and children
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh pitching for UN recognition of Mar 25
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Mamata Banerjee rules out removing Bangabandhu's bust
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu