‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to represent Bangladesh in Chicago
Published : 07 Oct 2016, 00:10
Bangladeshi film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to contest with 14 other films made in the different languages, including Hindi, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Urdu, Panjabi and English at Chicago South Asian Film Festival 2016.
After the world premiere in the Seattle International Film Festival, Imtiaz Ahmed Bijon’s film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ is gone to compete in the seventh edition of the festival.
The festival kicked off today (October 5) and will continue till October 10.
‘Matir Projar Deshe’ will be screened on October 9. Popular actors Jayanta Chattopadhyay, Rokeya Prachi, Mahmudur Aninda, Sheuli Aktar, Monir Ahmed Shakil and Chinmoyi Gupta acted in the film.
A total of 15 films will participate in the competition category of the festival.
- Most viewed
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- Ever Heard of Bubble Tea? Everything You Didn't Know About This Unique Drink
- PM to visit Sunamganj haors Apr 30
- SSC results on 4 May
- 'Put people over profit to end fashion slavery'
- President, PM greet NMST's golden jubilee celebration
- Shakib Khan served legal notice
- ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ new poster shows Anushka Shetty in all her royal glory
- Pregnancy or PMS? 11 ways to spot the difference
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Venezuelan protests against government leave 3 dead