‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to represent Bangladesh in Chicago
Published : 07 Oct 2016, 00:10
Bangladeshi film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to contest with 14 other films made in the different languages, including Hindi, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Urdu, Panjabi and English at Chicago South Asian Film Festival 2016.
After the world premiere in the Seattle International Film Festival, Imtiaz Ahmed Bijon’s film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ is gone to compete in the seventh edition of the festival.
The festival kicked off today (October 5) and will continue till October 10.
‘Matir Projar Deshe’ will be screened on October 9. Popular actors Jayanta Chattopadhyay, Rokeya Prachi, Mahmudur Aninda, Sheuli Aktar, Monir Ahmed Shakil and Chinmoyi Gupta acted in the film.
A total of 15 films will participate in the competition category of the festival.
- Most viewed
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- 9 Bangladeshi women and children released from Indian jail after 4 years
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on AL's 68th founding anniversary
- AL to stay beside people: PM
- Give scope to AL to serve people time and again: PM
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists