‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to represent Bangladesh in Chicago
Published : 07 Oct 2016, 00:10
Bangladeshi film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ to contest with 14 other films made in the different languages, including Hindi, Sinhalese, Malayalam, Urdu, Panjabi and English at Chicago South Asian Film Festival 2016.
After the world premiere in the Seattle International Film Festival, Imtiaz Ahmed Bijon’s film ‘Matir Projar Deshe’ is gone to compete in the seventh edition of the festival.
The festival kicked off today (October 5) and will continue till October 10.
‘Matir Projar Deshe’ will be screened on October 9. Popular actors Jayanta Chattopadhyay, Rokeya Prachi, Mahmudur Aninda, Sheuli Aktar, Monir Ahmed Shakil and Chinmoyi Gupta acted in the film.
A total of 15 films will participate in the competition category of the festival.
- Most viewed
- Madhu Mela begins in Jessore Saturday
- Facial oil in daily beauty regime helps combat damage
- Enhancing skill of women entrepreneurs underscored
- Govt to celebrate recognition of Mangol Shovajatra as world heritage Jan 21
- Bangladesh to welcome global knowledge to unleash creativity of youths: PM
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- 20 January Events
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 16 January Births
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident