I’m not a movie person: Kajol
Published : 13 Oct 2016, 21:00
She has been a part of showbiz for over three decades, and delivered hits like “Karan Arjun”, “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge”, and “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...”. But actress Kajol says she doesnt like to watch movies as much as she enjoys reading.
“I don’t watch movies. I really don’t. I’m not a movie person! But my guilty pleasure are my books actually. I read a lot of books. I love vampires, werewolves, everything with fangs and abnormalities on them,” Kajol said in a statement.
The actress spoke about her preferences during an episode of “Vogue BFFs”. She became a part of the show with her mentor and close friend Mickey Contractor.
Kajol, who was last seen on the silver screen in “Dilwale” with superstar Shah Rukh Khan, also added that she is currently reading the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child.
The mother of two said: “I’m a big believer in reading. I believe that children should read. I believe that regardless of gender, they should read because I believe in armchair travelling, I believe that it expands the mind. I believe that it makes you a better person, much more well informed.
“I think reading is a habit that everybody should cultivate.”
The episode will air on Colors Infinity on Saturday.
- Most viewed
- Nusraat Faria goes bold on costume; sparks off protests on social media
- Melania Trump's pricey jacket draws attention in Sicily
- Raid at Savar ‘militant dens’: 7 grenades, 3 suicide vests found
- NASA’s Juno probe forces ‘rethink’ on Jupiter
- Nokia 9: Dual rear cameras leaked in new images, 8GB RAM, and more
- Oil prices rally after heavy sell-off
- Blast heard as cops resume operation at Savar ‘militant dens’
- Indian aid arrives as Sri Lanka monsoon toll hits 100
- Ramadan begins tomorrow
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- 21 May Deaths