I’m not a movie person: Kajol
Published : 13 Oct 2016, 21:00
She has been a part of showbiz for over three decades, and delivered hits like “Karan Arjun”, “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge”, and “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...”. But actress Kajol says she doesnt like to watch movies as much as she enjoys reading.
“I don’t watch movies. I really don’t. I’m not a movie person! But my guilty pleasure are my books actually. I read a lot of books. I love vampires, werewolves, everything with fangs and abnormalities on them,” Kajol said in a statement.
The actress spoke about her preferences during an episode of “Vogue BFFs”. She became a part of the show with her mentor and close friend Mickey Contractor.
Kajol, who was last seen on the silver screen in “Dilwale” with superstar Shah Rukh Khan, also added that she is currently reading the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child.
The mother of two said: “I’m a big believer in reading. I believe that children should read. I believe that regardless of gender, they should read because I believe in armchair travelling, I believe that it expands the mind. I believe that it makes you a better person, much more well informed.
“I think reading is a habit that everybody should cultivate.”
The episode will air on Colors Infinity on Saturday.
- Most viewed
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- Permanent Peoples' Tribunal finds Myanmar guilty
- Hindu community to cut Durga Puja expense to aid Rohingyas
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll