Dangal's New Song Dhaakad: Haanikarak Bapu Aamir Khan Gets Results
Published : 23 Nov 2016, 15:05
Dhaakad, the new song from Aamir Khan's Dangal, is the fruitful and anticipated result of having a haanikarak bapu. Aamir plays the role of Haryanvi wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat in the much-awaited wrestling drama Dangal, which is based on the true story of how the Phogat sisters were trained in wrestling by their father. Geeta Phogat won India her first ever gold in wrestling at the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Her sister Babita kicked off with a silver medal at the same year, finally winning gold at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. Dhaakad traces the journey of the Phogat sisters from the wrestling pits of Haryana to winning championship matches.
The song begins with Aamir's character helping Geeta debut at a wrestling match. Suhani Bhatnagar plays the short-haired, stout and determined young Geeta, who has a warning for his fellow wrestler: "Baas chhodi samajh ke na ladiyo." The moment Geeta enters the pit, the song highlights: "Saab ko baata de, bachke rahiyo." True that.
What follows next is never-ending snippets of the Dhakkad girls wrestling. Proud of Geeta's achievements, Aamir soon decides to train Babita, whose younger version is played by Zaira Wasim.
Aamir shared the song on Twitter and wrote: "Hey guys, hope you like our second song of Dangal. Proud to present my Dhaakad girls"."
Sung by Raftaar, Dhaakad has lyrics by Amitabh Bhattacharya and has been composed by Pritam.
Sanya Malhotra and Fatima Sana Shaikh play Geeta and Babita in Nitesh Tiwari's Dangal, which also stars Sakshi Tanwar as Aamir's wife. Aamir attended real-life Geeta's wedding in Balali, where he was the guest of honour.
- Most viewed
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims