Singer Salma, MP Shibli get separated
Published : 27 Nov 2016, 14:53
Folk singer Salma has put her six-year-long conjugal life to rest by announcing her separation from Shibli Sadiq, Dinajpur-6 constituency’s member of parliament.
Salma, who rose to fame as a Lalon singer during her participation in Closeup 1, said that she and Shibli Sadiq had parted their ways on 19 November in a mutual decision.
The singer claimed that they had had troubled times since her marriage and their bitterness soared high in the past six months.
Since then she has been staying in her father’s Mohammadpur residence.
“My husband pressurised me to stop my studies and music practice. I scarified my singing career but it could not save the marriage,” said Salma.
Confirming their separation, Shibli Sadiq told Prothom Alo, “We had conjugal problems. As she is an artiste, she wanted her space. She better stay that way.”
Salma and Shibli got married on 25 January, 2011. They have a four-year-old baby girl, Sneha who is now living in her father’s home.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia