Singer Salma, MP Shibli get separated
Published : 27 Nov 2016, 14:53
Folk singer Salma has put her six-year-long conjugal life to rest by announcing her separation from Shibli Sadiq, Dinajpur-6 constituency’s member of parliament.
Salma, who rose to fame as a Lalon singer during her participation in Closeup 1, said that she and Shibli Sadiq had parted their ways on 19 November in a mutual decision.
The singer claimed that they had had troubled times since her marriage and their bitterness soared high in the past six months.
Since then she has been staying in her father’s Mohammadpur residence.
“My husband pressurised me to stop my studies and music practice. I scarified my singing career but it could not save the marriage,” said Salma.
Confirming their separation, Shibli Sadiq told Prothom Alo, “We had conjugal problems. As she is an artiste, she wanted her space. She better stay that way.”
Salma and Shibli got married on 25 January, 2011. They have a four-year-old baby girl, Sneha who is now living in her father’s home.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Madhu Mela begins in Jessore Saturday
- Facial oil in daily beauty regime helps combat damage
- Enhancing skill of women entrepreneurs underscored
- Govt to celebrate recognition of Mangol Shovajatra as world heritage Jan 21
- Bangladesh to welcome global knowledge to unleash creativity of youths: PM
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- 20 January Events
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 16 January Births
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident