Singer Salma, MP Shibli get separated
Published : 27 Nov 2016, 14:53
Folk singer Salma has put her six-year-long conjugal life to rest by announcing her separation from Shibli Sadiq, Dinajpur-6 constituency’s member of parliament.
Salma, who rose to fame as a Lalon singer during her participation in Closeup 1, said that she and Shibli Sadiq had parted their ways on 19 November in a mutual decision.
The singer claimed that they had had troubled times since her marriage and their bitterness soared high in the past six months.
Since then she has been staying in her father’s Mohammadpur residence.
“My husband pressurised me to stop my studies and music practice. I scarified my singing career but it could not save the marriage,” said Salma.
Confirming their separation, Shibli Sadiq told Prothom Alo, “We had conjugal problems. As she is an artiste, she wanted her space. She better stay that way.”
Salma and Shibli got married on 25 January, 2011. They have a four-year-old baby girl, Sneha who is now living in her father’s home.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Comilla city polls begin
- 30 March Deaths
- 30 March Births
- 30 March Events
- ‘Half Girlfriend’ motion poster: It's complicated between Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor
- WHO to continue help Bangladesh combat three major diseases
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts