Singer Salma, MP Shibli get separated
Published : 27 Nov 2016, 14:53
Folk singer Salma has put her six-year-long conjugal life to rest by announcing her separation from Shibli Sadiq, Dinajpur-6 constituency’s member of parliament.
Salma, who rose to fame as a Lalon singer during her participation in Closeup 1, said that she and Shibli Sadiq had parted their ways on 19 November in a mutual decision.
The singer claimed that they had had troubled times since her marriage and their bitterness soared high in the past six months.
Since then she has been staying in her father’s Mohammadpur residence.
“My husband pressurised me to stop my studies and music practice. I scarified my singing career but it could not save the marriage,” said Salma.
Confirming their separation, Shibli Sadiq told Prothom Alo, “We had conjugal problems. As she is an artiste, she wanted her space. She better stay that way.”
Salma and Shibli got married on 25 January, 2011. They have a four-year-old baby girl, Sneha who is now living in her father’s home.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report