Cultural personality Kazi Arif ‘clinically dead’
Published : 29 Apr 2017, 13:34
Eminent cultural personality Kazi Arif has been announced “clinically dead” at a New York hospital in the United States. He was 65.
He was on life support after a heart operation at the Mount Sinai Hospital on April 30, reports Bangla daily Prothom Alo today.
A freedom fighter and architect, Arif was famous for poetry recitation in Bangla, the daily said.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today