Tanvin Sweety Going strong on the small screen
Published : 16 May 2017, 12:51
Popular actress Tanvin Sweety has had a busy month preparing for two new television shows. Between two the TV plays, the artiste is juggling two very different characters. The plays, titled “Hospital” is directed by SA Haque Alik, and “Housewife” directed by Akram Khan.
Sweety plays the owner of a medical facility in “Hospital”, for which shooting had to be done outside the capital. “The narrative deals with various events that regularly occur in hospitals,” explained the actor.
Aside from the two new drama serials, the actor has also been busy with a few single episode TV plays. She will be appearing in two directed by Chayanika Chowdhury, and another two which shall go on air on BTV.
Off camera, Tanvin Sweety is currently vice President of the Actors' Association. “I have to invest a lot of time in the organisation, and we currently have a number of projects to undertake,” said Sweety.
The actor is also heavily involved with Youth Bangla Cultural Forum, and the organisation is now working towards promoting “Oshampto Attojiboni,” the autobiography of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. The organisation hopes to enlighten today's youth by traveling to various schools, and offers services to shelters for the elderly as well.
However, that is not all for the versatile artiste. The actor has been actively involved in the theatre scene for many years, and will appear in a production by Theatre titled “Mukti” soon.
Having acted in one movie so far, the actor added that she is ready to take up film ventures if a good script comes her way. Her last film venture was titled “BaNshi,” helmed by Abu Syed.
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia