Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
Published : 22 Jun 2017, 15:59
Actress Sonam Kapoor and her producer-sister Rhea Kapoor's fashion label -- Rheson has bagged the Compassionate Business Award from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India for a line of bags made exclusively of vegan materials.
"Shoppers' demand for cruelty-free fashion is on the rise and thanks to compassionate companies like Rheson, it's easier than ever to get a killer look without killing animals," says Benazir Suraiya, PETA's fashion expert and associate manager of celebrity and media projects.
This is not the first time that Sonam, who was crowned PETA's Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity of 2016, has stood for animals.
In 2015, she wrote a letter to the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, urging him not to revoke the ban on classroom dissection for university life-science and zoology students.
In March 2010, she sent a letter on behalf of PETA to then-Maharashtra Home Minister R.R. Patil, urging him to ban glass-coated manja across the state after Mumbai police banned it within the city.
And in 2011, she donated "kind kites" to children to help prevent injuries from manja.
- Most viewed
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors