Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
Published : 22 Jun 2017, 15:59
Actress Sonam Kapoor and her producer-sister Rhea Kapoor's fashion label -- Rheson has bagged the Compassionate Business Award from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India for a line of bags made exclusively of vegan materials.
"Shoppers' demand for cruelty-free fashion is on the rise and thanks to compassionate companies like Rheson, it's easier than ever to get a killer look without killing animals," says Benazir Suraiya, PETA's fashion expert and associate manager of celebrity and media projects.
This is not the first time that Sonam, who was crowned PETA's Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity of 2016, has stood for animals.
In 2015, she wrote a letter to the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, urging him not to revoke the ban on classroom dissection for university life-science and zoology students.
In March 2010, she sent a letter on behalf of PETA to then-Maharashtra Home Minister R.R. Patil, urging him to ban glass-coated manja across the state after Mumbai police banned it within the city.
And in 2011, she donated "kind kites" to children to help prevent injuries from manja.
- Most viewed
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- A four day Baul and Vaishnav music festival will begin on 28 April in East London
- Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge