Sridevi and Sanjay Dutt to reunite after 25-year gap
Published : 11 Jul 2017, 15:12
Abhishek Varman, who won accolades for his Arjun Kapoor-Alia Bhatt directorial debut, 2 States, based on Chetan Bhagat's novel of the same name, is ready to roll with another Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala collaboration, three years later.
The film could reunite Sanjay Dutt and Sridevi after a quarter of a century. It also features Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan and Sonakshi Sinha. According to a source close to the development, the idea of the Partition drama germinated from Karan's dad, the late Yash Johar. It remained an unfulfilled dream till Karan handed over the baton to his protege Abhishek.
Sridevi apparently gave the nod to Karan six months ago. She is close to the filmmaker having entrusted him with daughter, Jhanvi's launch. Buzz is, Sanjay Dutt could join the starcast. Sridevi and he were last seen 25 years ago in the 1993 crime thriller 'Gumrah', directed by Mahesh Bhatt and produced by Yash Johar.
One hears that Abhishek is giving the final touches to the script and the film is likely to go on floors early next year. Apparently, Karan and Sajid are happy with the creative flow and are waiting for the young director to show them the final draft.
Abhishek was unavailable for comment as was Karan. Contrary to rumours, the film will neither be called 'Kalank' nor 'Shiddat'. The hunt is on for an apt title.
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike