Sridevi and Sanjay Dutt to reunite after 25-year gap
Published : 11 Jul 2017, 15:12
Abhishek Varman, who won accolades for his Arjun Kapoor-Alia Bhatt directorial debut, 2 States, based on Chetan Bhagat's novel of the same name, is ready to roll with another Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala collaboration, three years later.
The film could reunite Sanjay Dutt and Sridevi after a quarter of a century. It also features Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan and Sonakshi Sinha. According to a source close to the development, the idea of the Partition drama germinated from Karan's dad, the late Yash Johar. It remained an unfulfilled dream till Karan handed over the baton to his protege Abhishek.
Sridevi apparently gave the nod to Karan six months ago. She is close to the filmmaker having entrusted him with daughter, Jhanvi's launch. Buzz is, Sanjay Dutt could join the starcast. Sridevi and he were last seen 25 years ago in the 1993 crime thriller 'Gumrah', directed by Mahesh Bhatt and produced by Yash Johar.
One hears that Abhishek is giving the final touches to the script and the film is likely to go on floors early next year. Apparently, Karan and Sajid are happy with the creative flow and are waiting for the young director to show them the final draft.
Abhishek was unavailable for comment as was Karan. Contrary to rumours, the film will neither be called 'Kalank' nor 'Shiddat'. The hunt is on for an apt title.
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- 22 July Events
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina