Sinead O'Connor says she's 'suicidal' in Facebook video
Published : 09 Aug 2017, 11:21
Sinead O'Connor has said she feels "suicidal" in a video uploaded to her Facebook account.
The singer is seen crying in the 12-minute video, which she said she was uploading in an effort to help people understand mental illness.
"I am now living in a motel in New Jersey. I'm all by myself," she said.
"Mental illness, it's like drugs, it doesn't [care] who you are, and equally what's worse, the stigma doesn't care who you are."
"There's absolutely nobody in my life except my doctor, my psychiatrist - the sweetest man on earth, who says I'm his hero - and that's about the only thing keeping me alive at the moment... and that's kind of pathetic.
"I want everyone to know what it's like, that's why I'm making this video."
O'Connor criticised her family for not taking better care of her over the last two years.
"I am one of millions... people who suffer from mental illness are the most vulnerable people on earth, we can't take care of ourselves, you've got to take care of us," she said.
"My entire life is revolving around not dying, and that's not living. And I'm not going to die, but still, this is no way for people to be living."
The singer was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2003, but she later said she had been misdiagnosed and actually suffered from depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom