Sinead O'Connor says she's 'suicidal' in Facebook video
Published : 09 Aug 2017, 11:21
Sinead O'Connor has said she feels "suicidal" in a video uploaded to her Facebook account.
The singer is seen crying in the 12-minute video, which she said she was uploading in an effort to help people understand mental illness.
"I am now living in a motel in New Jersey. I'm all by myself," she said.
"Mental illness, it's like drugs, it doesn't [care] who you are, and equally what's worse, the stigma doesn't care who you are."
"There's absolutely nobody in my life except my doctor, my psychiatrist - the sweetest man on earth, who says I'm his hero - and that's about the only thing keeping me alive at the moment... and that's kind of pathetic.
"I want everyone to know what it's like, that's why I'm making this video."
O'Connor criticised her family for not taking better care of her over the last two years.
"I am one of millions... people who suffer from mental illness are the most vulnerable people on earth, we can't take care of ourselves, you've got to take care of us," she said.
"My entire life is revolving around not dying, and that's not living. And I'm not going to die, but still, this is no way for people to be living."
The singer was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2003, but she later said she had been misdiagnosed and actually suffered from depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Most viewed
- Stress just as unhealthy as junk food
- HC for probe into child’s birth, death on hospital compound
- Canada’s Quebec province to ban face coverings in public sector
- Brad Pitt eyeing Angelina Jolie’s lookalike
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Events
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief