Salma Hayek once threatened a filmmaker with legal action
Published : 09 Aug 2017, 16:50
Actress Salma Hayek says she threatened filmmaker Ivan Reitman with legal action after he refused to see her during an audition because they "hated" her.
The 50-year-old had gone to audition for a role in a film. She was originally told the lead part would be altered to suit her native language, but her representatives were later told they would be "crazy" if they thought they would accommodate her for anything other than a "bimbo" part, reports The Guardian newspaper.
"I've never said this to anyone, the name of the director, but it was Ivan Reitman.
I was screen-testing for the lead in a film and they said that it was not written Latin, but they wouldn't mind changing it," she said.
"I learned the script but when they sent me the pages for the audition, there was none of the things I had learned, it was another role. So my agent called them and they said, 'Are you crazy? She's Mexican. We can change the race of the bimbo, but not the lead'.
"And they said 'Absolutely under no circumstances'. So I said, 'Okay, you tell them that they either see, or I'm going to sue them'.
"And they said 'There's no point in her coming, even if she had been the best audition she would have never gotten the part but now we hate her. Does she want to come knowing that we detest her?'"
Source: The Guardian
- Most viewed
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- 15 September Deaths
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks