Salma Hayek once threatened a filmmaker with legal action
Published : 09 Aug 2017, 16:50
Actress Salma Hayek says she threatened filmmaker Ivan Reitman with legal action after he refused to see her during an audition because they "hated" her.
The 50-year-old had gone to audition for a role in a film. She was originally told the lead part would be altered to suit her native language, but her representatives were later told they would be "crazy" if they thought they would accommodate her for anything other than a "bimbo" part, reports The Guardian newspaper.
"I've never said this to anyone, the name of the director, but it was Ivan Reitman.
I was screen-testing for the lead in a film and they said that it was not written Latin, but they wouldn't mind changing it," she said.
"I learned the script but when they sent me the pages for the audition, there was none of the things I had learned, it was another role. So my agent called them and they said, 'Are you crazy? She's Mexican. We can change the race of the bimbo, but not the lead'.
"And they said 'Absolutely under no circumstances'. So I said, 'Okay, you tell them that they either see, or I'm going to sue them'.
"And they said 'There's no point in her coming, even if she had been the best audition she would have never gotten the part but now we hate her. Does she want to come knowing that we detest her?'"
Source: The Guardian
- Most viewed
- Stress just as unhealthy as junk food
- HC for probe into child’s birth, death on hospital compound
- Canada’s Quebec province to ban face coverings in public sector
- Brad Pitt eyeing Angelina Jolie’s lookalike
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Events
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief