Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
Published : 22 Aug 2017, 17:56
She started her career as a model and actor Kriti Sanon says the backstage madness and walking the runway gave her the confidence to face the camera.
The 27-year-old actor, who was the showstopper for designer Arpita Mehta on the final day of the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2017, says she always dreamt of becoming a celebrity showstopper.
“It has been a great journey from being model to a celebrity showstopper. It is nice to come back to the ramp and meet a lot of my friends. The backstage madness and the adrenaline rush is still the same.
“When I was modelling, I always knew I wanted to be an actor. Modelling groomed me for acting and gave me a lot of confidence. I always used to dream about being a celebrity showstopper,” Kriti told PTI.
Arpita’s collection titled “Midnight Muse” was a sensuous line crafted in silk, chiffon, Tabi silk and georgette moulded into feminine silhouettes.
Embellishments were the highlight on the garments, as an assortment of thread work, 3D appliques, along with sequins dazzled on the creations.
- Most viewed
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Tonu’s family called to Dhaka for probe: Kamal
- Sharapova in fraud probe
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests
- Skincare myths demystified
- Sleeping on back can up stillbirth risk
- Suu Kyi hopes to strike deal with Bangladesh this week on Rohingya repatriation
- Germany’s Merkel ‘prefers new vote’ after coalition talks fail
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Jolie condemns sexual violence against Rohingyas
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong