Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
Published : 22 Aug 2017, 17:56
She started her career as a model and actor Kriti Sanon says the backstage madness and walking the runway gave her the confidence to face the camera.
The 27-year-old actor, who was the showstopper for designer Arpita Mehta on the final day of the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2017, says she always dreamt of becoming a celebrity showstopper.
“It has been a great journey from being model to a celebrity showstopper. It is nice to come back to the ramp and meet a lot of my friends. The backstage madness and the adrenaline rush is still the same.
“When I was modelling, I always knew I wanted to be an actor. Modelling groomed me for acting and gave me a lot of confidence. I always used to dream about being a celebrity showstopper,” Kriti told PTI.
Arpita’s collection titled “Midnight Muse” was a sensuous line crafted in silk, chiffon, Tabi silk and georgette moulded into feminine silhouettes.
Embellishments were the highlight on the garments, as an assortment of thread work, 3D appliques, along with sequins dazzled on the creations.
- Most viewed
- From April, tourists can stay at Taj Mahal only for 3 hours
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday