Women need to stand up for themselves: Taapsee Pannu
Published : 09 Sep 2017, 16:17
Actress Taapsee Pannu, who is collaborating with Ficci Ladies Organisation (FLO) for a self-defense training event, says women should know how to be their heroes.
“I have always tried to push the importance of self defense in girls. It is more than just learning martial arts, it’s about instilling this confidence amongst girls that they are capable of taking care of themselves.
They need to be their own heroes,” Taapsee said in a statement.
The actress has played strong characters in Naam Shabana and Pink, has been promoting self defense training for girls.
Actor Akshay Kumar has joined hands with Yuva Sena Chief Aditya Thackeray, collaborating with FLO to launch a martial arts event to give self defense training to women in suburban Mumbai.
Taapsee will be joining hands with them to contribute to this initiative as a special guest at the event on Saturday here.
She herself practices martial arts as a fitness routine. She will be seen interacting with the audience and also present at the self defence demonstrations.
- Most viewed
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Tonu’s family called to Dhaka for probe: Kamal
- Sharapova in fraud probe
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests
- Skincare myths demystified
- Sleeping on back can up stillbirth risk
- Suu Kyi hopes to strike deal with Bangladesh this week on Rohingya repatriation
- Germany’s Merkel ‘prefers new vote’ after coalition talks fail
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Jolie condemns sexual violence against Rohingyas
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong