Tamannaah: Always motivated by roles that alleviate women
Published : 25 Sep 2017, 18:23
Actress Tamannaah Bhatia, who has been roped in for the Telugu remake of the Kangana Ranaut starrer Queen, says roles that put the spotlight on women empowerment motivate her.
“Queen is an interesting film and I have always been motivated by roles that help alleviate women empowerment in some form. I am very excited to be helming the Telugu version and can’t wait to start shooting next month. This is the first time I’m working with Neelakanta Reddy and I’m sure together we will create magic on the 70 mm screen,” Tamannaah said in a statement.
The Hindi movie, which was directed by Vikas Bahl, is being remade in Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam apart from Telugu.
The Telugu film will be produced by Manu Kumaran under the banner of Mediente Films with the National award winning G Neelakanta Reddy in the director’s chair.
The remake is scheduled to go on the floors on October 25. It will release mid-2018.
- Most viewed
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash