Tamannaah: Always motivated by roles that alleviate women
Published : 25 Sep 2017, 18:23
Actress Tamannaah Bhatia, who has been roped in for the Telugu remake of the Kangana Ranaut starrer Queen, says roles that put the spotlight on women empowerment motivate her.
“Queen is an interesting film and I have always been motivated by roles that help alleviate women empowerment in some form. I am very excited to be helming the Telugu version and can’t wait to start shooting next month. This is the first time I’m working with Neelakanta Reddy and I’m sure together we will create magic on the 70 mm screen,” Tamannaah said in a statement.
The Hindi movie, which was directed by Vikas Bahl, is being remade in Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam apart from Telugu.
The Telugu film will be produced by Manu Kumaran under the banner of Mediente Films with the National award winning G Neelakanta Reddy in the director’s chair.
The remake is scheduled to go on the floors on October 25. It will release mid-2018.
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops