'Miss World Bangladesh Jannatul was married' (Video)
Published : 02 Oct 2017, 17:20
Jannatul Nayeem, who was controversially crowned Miss World Bangladesh 2017, was married to a Chittagong businessman some four years ago, official records show.
She took part in the beauty pageant contest hiding her marital status. And the first and foremost important criterion for participating in this contest is that one has be unmarried.
Jannatul, crowned Miss World Bangladesh on Friday, married a businessman named Mohammad Monzur Uddin in Chittagong's Chandanaish upazila on 21 March, 2013. They had a married life for two and a half months, according to marriage registration papers.
The couple, however, parted away on 11 June 2013.
Jannatul is a resident of Serondi village in number 5 Borma union of Chandanaish upazila and she passed secondary school certificate exams in 2013. Later the same year she was married to the businessman Mohammad Monzur Uddin, said local people.
Monzur has a shop styled VIP Cloth Store, in Chandanaish municipality area.
"Yes, she was my wife and stayed at my house for two months. After that, she went to her parents' place. She phoned me the next day and asked for a divorce," said Monzur.
"In fact, I did wait for her for around seven days. But, she didn't come back. She actually cheated me," he added.
Also, union parishad member of Borma union, Nowsha Miah, said that Jannatul's marriage lasted around two and a half months.
When contacted, Jannatul's mother said on Sunday, "We couldn't understand how the marriage took place.
Then, my daughter was very young and so she decided to divorce (her husband)."
"After the divorce, she moved to Maheshkhali at my son's place and completed her HSC (higher secondary certificate). She now lives in Dhaka," Jannatul's mother said.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Recipe: Smoky, saucy, cheesy pasta
- Red Cross: 21 resigned or fired since 2015 in sex cases
- Khaleda’s bail in graft case extended until Monday
- Quality, time-befitting education a must: PM
- Hearing on Khaleda’s bail plea today
- 9th anniversary of Pilkhana carnage being observed
- 25 February Deaths
- 25 February Births
- 25 February Events
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs