Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
Published : 13 Oct 2017, 17:38
Actress Jennifer Aniston has donated $1 million to charity working towards the relief efforts of deadly hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
Out of the total amount, Aniston has given $500,000 to the American Red Cross and the the other half to the Ricky Martin Foundation, aimed specifically at relief efforts in Puerto Rico, reports people.com.
Martin took to Twitter on Thursday to laud Aniston for her financial help amid a devastating time in the wake of Hurricane Maria, which has left power and resources in scarce supply.
“Jennifer Aniston, you are amazing. Thanks for donating $500,000 for our Puerto Rico relief fund. We will never forget. You are saving lives Jennifer,” Martin wrote.
Besides Aniston, other Hollywood stars who have helped towards the relief efforts include Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lopez and Ellen DeGenres.
- Most viewed
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- 21 February Events
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Air fryer – ‘Zero’ oil frying
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops
- Prime Minister reaches Abu Dhabi
- 2 housewives ‘commit’ suicide in Jessore