Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
Published : 13 Oct 2017, 17:38
Actress Jennifer Aniston has donated $1 million to charity working towards the relief efforts of deadly hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
Out of the total amount, Aniston has given $500,000 to the American Red Cross and the the other half to the Ricky Martin Foundation, aimed specifically at relief efforts in Puerto Rico, reports people.com.
Martin took to Twitter on Thursday to laud Aniston for her financial help amid a devastating time in the wake of Hurricane Maria, which has left power and resources in scarce supply.
“Jennifer Aniston, you are amazing. Thanks for donating $500,000 for our Puerto Rico relief fund. We will never forget. You are saving lives Jennifer,” Martin wrote.
Besides Aniston, other Hollywood stars who have helped towards the relief efforts include Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lopez and Ellen DeGenres.
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests