Bangladesh Jessia Islam among top 40 Miss World finalists
Published : 13 Nov 2017, 16:55
Miss World Bangladesh Jessia Islam has been selected in the top-40 list of Miss World-2017 competition.
"By the grace of Almighty Allah and prayers of my beloved friends, family & country I have been selected for top 40 in miss world 2017 and winner of head to head challenge. Keep me in your prayers," Jessia posted on her Facebook page.
Jessia Islam, who was crowned as the Miss World Bangladesh after Jannatul Nayeem Avril was stripped of her title on fraud charges, is representing Bangladesh in Miss World competition in China.
The grand finale of the the 67th edition of the Miss World 2017 will take place on 18 November at the Sanya City Arena in Sanya, China, where incumbent winner Stephanie Del Valle of Puerto Rico will crown her successor at the end of the event.
- Most viewed
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims