Bangladesh Jessia Islam among top 40 Miss World finalists
Published : 13 Nov 2017, 16:55
Miss World Bangladesh Jessia Islam has been selected in the top-40 list of Miss World-2017 competition.
"By the grace of Almighty Allah and prayers of my beloved friends, family & country I have been selected for top 40 in miss world 2017 and winner of head to head challenge. Keep me in your prayers," Jessia posted on her Facebook page.
Jessia Islam, who was crowned as the Miss World Bangladesh after Jannatul Nayeem Avril was stripped of her title on fraud charges, is representing Bangladesh in Miss World competition in China.
The grand finale of the the 67th edition of the Miss World 2017 will take place on 18 November at the Sanya City Arena in Sanya, China, where incumbent winner Stephanie Del Valle of Puerto Rico will crown her successor at the end of the event.
- Most viewed
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Don’t overdo stress or make-up on wedding day
- Female Sherpa from Nepal scales new heights
- Get the smear out before cervical cancer conquers you
- Indian court paves way for 'Padmaavat’ all-India release on 25 Jan
- Woman killed in city road crash
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away