Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
Published : 17 Jan 2018, 17:34
The boss of Capitol Records says he's had "tough conversations" with Katy Perry following disappointing sales of her latest album, Witness.
Perry released her fourth album last June but, despite appearances at Radio 1's Big Weekend and Glastonbury, it failed to catch on with fans.
It entered the UK charts at number six, after selling 16,153 copies. To date, it has sold less than 60,000.
All of Perry's previous albums sold more than 500,000 copies in the UK.
Her best-seller is Teenage Dream, which earned four platinum discs, representing sales in excess of 1.2 million.
Perry is currently in the middle of her Witness world tour, which has fared better than the album it's named after.
The lavish, fun-filled show made $28.1 million (£20.4 million) last year - despite the odd technical malfunction - and is set to hit the UK in June.
Perry will also make her debut as a judge on American Idol in March - and Barnett said she'd already started to plot a musical comeback, reports BBC.
"She has a plan, and we have a plan, and I feel good about it."
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0