Model Kate Upton accuses Guess co-founder of sexual harassment
Published : 01 Feb 2018, 18:47
Supermodel Kate Upton has accused fashion giant Guess’s co-founder Paul Marciano of sexually harassing women.
Upton, 25, did not cite a specific incident in her criticism on Wednesday of Guess co-founder and creative director Marciano, who is 65.
Upton, who was once the face of Guess, became the latest star to add her voice to the global #MeToo campaign against sexual misconduct, that kicked off following accusations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.
“It’s disappointing that such an iconic women’s brand @Guess is still empowering Paul Marciano as their creative director #me too,” Upton wrote on Twitter.
She repeated this on Instagram and added: “He shouldn’t be allowed to use his power in the industry to sexually and emotionally harass women #metoo.”
Marciano co-founded Guess in 1981 and has been its executive chairman and chief creative officer since 2015.
Upton is married to star Houston Astros pitcher Justin Verlander, and is known for appearing on the cover of Sports Illustrated swimsuit editions. She has also done some acting.
She became a celebrity spokesmodel for Guess in 2011. Other models holding that position have included Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford, and more recently Gigi Hadid.
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan