Model Kate Upton accuses Guess co-founder of sexual harassment
Published : 01 Feb 2018, 18:47
Supermodel Kate Upton has accused fashion giant Guess’s co-founder Paul Marciano of sexually harassing women.
Upton, 25, did not cite a specific incident in her criticism on Wednesday of Guess co-founder and creative director Marciano, who is 65.
Upton, who was once the face of Guess, became the latest star to add her voice to the global #MeToo campaign against sexual misconduct, that kicked off following accusations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.
“It’s disappointing that such an iconic women’s brand @Guess is still empowering Paul Marciano as their creative director #me too,” Upton wrote on Twitter.
She repeated this on Instagram and added: “He shouldn’t be allowed to use his power in the industry to sexually and emotionally harass women #metoo.”
Marciano co-founded Guess in 1981 and has been its executive chairman and chief creative officer since 2015.
Upton is married to star Houston Astros pitcher Justin Verlander, and is known for appearing on the cover of Sports Illustrated swimsuit editions. She has also done some acting.
She became a celebrity spokesmodel for Guess in 2011. Other models holding that position have included Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford, and more recently Gigi Hadid.
- Most viewed
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Shweta Bachchan to make debut with father Amitabh
- 10 drug dealers killed in ‘gunfights’ across country
- 22 May Events
- 22 May Births
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Eat yogurt ‘appetizer’ to cut down chronic inflammation risk
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Glam up your outfit with right footwear
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister