Lady Gaga cancels world tour due to ‘severe pain’
Published : 04 Feb 2018, 16:19
US pop star Lady Gaga Saturday announced she had cancelled the last 10 shows of the European leg of her world tour due to “severe pain.”
In a statement posted on Twitter, the Grammy award-winning singer told fans she was “devastated” but said the decision to cancel the dates on her Joanne World Tour-her fifth headlining tour-was “beyond her control.”
“My medical team is supporting the decision for me to recover at home,” she said.
“I need to put myself and my well-being first,” she added.
Shows affected include dates in London, Paris and Berlin, as well as Stockholm, Zurich and Copenhagen.
Dates in Cologne, Germany and Manchester, England were also halted.
It comes after the “Born This Way” singer cancelled another show in Rio de Janeiro in September after being hospitalized, also due to severe pain.
Lady Gaga, who shot to global fame in 2008 with her hit debut single “Just Dance,” has previously revealed she suffers from the chronic pain condition fibromyalgia.
- Most viewed
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
- One lakh Rohingyas to be shifted to Bhasanchar: PM Sheikh Hasina
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)