Lady Gaga cancels world tour due to ‘severe pain’
Published : 04 Feb 2018, 16:19
US pop star Lady Gaga Saturday announced she had cancelled the last 10 shows of the European leg of her world tour due to “severe pain.”
In a statement posted on Twitter, the Grammy award-winning singer told fans she was “devastated” but said the decision to cancel the dates on her Joanne World Tour-her fifth headlining tour-was “beyond her control.”
“My medical team is supporting the decision for me to recover at home,” she said.
“I need to put myself and my well-being first,” she added.
Shows affected include dates in London, Paris and Berlin, as well as Stockholm, Zurich and Copenhagen.
Dates in Cologne, Germany and Manchester, England were also halted.
It comes after the “Born This Way” singer cancelled another show in Rio de Janeiro in September after being hospitalized, also due to severe pain.
Lady Gaga, who shot to global fame in 2008 with her hit debut single “Just Dance,” has previously revealed she suffers from the chronic pain condition fibromyalgia.
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops
- Prime Minister reaches Abu Dhabi
- 2 housewives ‘commit’ suicide in Jessore