Lady Gaga cancels world tour due to ‘severe pain’
Published : 04 Feb 2018, 16:19
US pop star Lady Gaga Saturday announced she had cancelled the last 10 shows of the European leg of her world tour due to “severe pain.”
In a statement posted on Twitter, the Grammy award-winning singer told fans she was “devastated” but said the decision to cancel the dates on her Joanne World Tour-her fifth headlining tour-was “beyond her control.”
“My medical team is supporting the decision for me to recover at home,” she said.
“I need to put myself and my well-being first,” she added.
Shows affected include dates in London, Paris and Berlin, as well as Stockholm, Zurich and Copenhagen.
Dates in Cologne, Germany and Manchester, England were also halted.
It comes after the “Born This Way” singer cancelled another show in Rio de Janeiro in September after being hospitalized, also due to severe pain.
Lady Gaga, who shot to global fame in 2008 with her hit debut single “Just Dance,” has previously revealed she suffers from the chronic pain condition fibromyalgia.
- Most viewed
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- 14 August Deaths
- Man gets 14 yrs jail for torturing wife over dowry
- Dhaka-Delhi relationship now at its best, says PM Hasina
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women