Priya Prakash Varrier creates record on Instagram
Published : 13 Feb 2018, 15:34
Priya Prakash Varrier, the eighteen-year-old girl from Thrisshur in Kerala, who made netizens go crazy over her mesmerising expressions in a viral video, has reportedly broken a record! Guess what, she has gained about 606K followers within a day!
The queen of expressions has thus become the third ‘celebrity’ to attain such a feat and has now joined the league consisting of American model -TV personality Kylie Jenner and legendary footballer Cristiano Ronaldo! They are the only two celebrities ahead of her to gain such mammoth following in just one day.
With 1.7 million users now, the actress who is a B.Com student has become India’s latest internet sensation. Interestingly, her Instagram handle has the precious blue tick mark meaning, it has been verified.
For the unversed, Priya became a celebrity overnight after a short clip from the song Manikya Malaraya Poovi from Omar Lulu’s upcoming Malayalam movie Oru Adaar Love went viral on social media. The song sung by Vineeth Sreenivasan and composed by Shaan Rahman became popular but it was Priya who stole the show.
Here’s the song that made Priya a celebrity:
At 1.32 seconds, Priya’s killer expressions will make you swoon!
In the video, we can see Priya making adorable expressions and winking to grab her crush’s attention.
The song will take one and all down the memory lane as it focuses on love in high school. It’s all about first crush, first love and innocence.
Priya, who is overwhelmed to see such admiration and fan following, took to Twitter to thank everyone and her film’s director.
Her tweet read: ‘Thanks for Oru Adaar Love, I am stunned by the Over whelming Support across Social Media. Never knew my debut could be a National Trend #PriyaPrakashVarrier. Grateful to Omar Lulu Sir. Realised already so many twitter accounts of mine doing rounds (sic).’
- Most viewed
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- 23 July Births
- 23 July Deaths
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters