Priya Prakash Varrier creates record on Instagram
Published : 13 Feb 2018, 15:34
Priya Prakash Varrier, the eighteen-year-old girl from Thrisshur in Kerala, who made netizens go crazy over her mesmerising expressions in a viral video, has reportedly broken a record! Guess what, she has gained about 606K followers within a day!
The queen of expressions has thus become the third ‘celebrity’ to attain such a feat and has now joined the league consisting of American model -TV personality Kylie Jenner and legendary footballer Cristiano Ronaldo! They are the only two celebrities ahead of her to gain such mammoth following in just one day.
With 1.7 million users now, the actress who is a B.Com student has become India’s latest internet sensation. Interestingly, her Instagram handle has the precious blue tick mark meaning, it has been verified.
For the unversed, Priya became a celebrity overnight after a short clip from the song Manikya Malaraya Poovi from Omar Lulu’s upcoming Malayalam movie Oru Adaar Love went viral on social media. The song sung by Vineeth Sreenivasan and composed by Shaan Rahman became popular but it was Priya who stole the show.
Here’s the song that made Priya a celebrity:
At 1.32 seconds, Priya’s killer expressions will make you swoon!
In the video, we can see Priya making adorable expressions and winking to grab her crush’s attention.
The song will take one and all down the memory lane as it focuses on love in high school. It’s all about first crush, first love and innocence.
Priya, who is overwhelmed to see such admiration and fan following, took to Twitter to thank everyone and her film’s director.
Her tweet read: ‘Thanks for Oru Adaar Love, I am stunned by the Over whelming Support across Social Media. Never knew my debut could be a National Trend #PriyaPrakashVarrier. Grateful to Omar Lulu Sir. Realised already so many twitter accounts of mine doing rounds (sic).’
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan