Jaya wins Filmfare best actress award
Published : 18 Feb 2018, 12:53
Jaya Ahsan has bagged the Filmfare best actress award for her Indian Bangla film 'Bishorjon'.
The actress, who balances her work both in Bangladesh and India, received the honour of the Jio Filmfare Awards (East) 2018 at Kolkata's Science City auditorium in India.
She was nominated in two categories Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female) and Critics’ Award for Best Actor (Female) for her acting in the role of a Bangladeshi widow named Padma in Kaushik Ganguly’s Indian Bangla film 'Bishorjon' based on the 1947 Partition.
For the same role Jaya won Zee Cine Award in best actress category (Bangla Film) in December, 2017.
Lead singer of Bangladeshi band Chirkutt, Sharmin Sultana Sumi, and its composer-drummer Pavel Areen were also nominated for Jio Filmfare Awards (East).
Sumi was nominated in two categories, including, Best Playback Singer (Female) and Best Lyrics for the song ‘Ahare jibon’ from the India-Bangladesh joint venture film, ‘Doob’, directed by Mostafa Sarwar Farooki.
Pavel Areen got the nomination in Best Background Score category for the same film.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self