Jaya wins Filmfare best actress award
Published : 18 Feb 2018, 12:53
Jaya Ahsan has bagged the Filmfare best actress award for her Indian Bangla film 'Bishorjon'.
The actress, who balances her work both in Bangladesh and India, received the honour of the Jio Filmfare Awards (East) 2018 at Kolkata's Science City auditorium in India.
She was nominated in two categories Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female) and Critics’ Award for Best Actor (Female) for her acting in the role of a Bangladeshi widow named Padma in Kaushik Ganguly’s Indian Bangla film 'Bishorjon' based on the 1947 Partition.
For the same role Jaya won Zee Cine Award in best actress category (Bangla Film) in December, 2017.
Lead singer of Bangladeshi band Chirkutt, Sharmin Sultana Sumi, and its composer-drummer Pavel Areen were also nominated for Jio Filmfare Awards (East).
Sumi was nominated in two categories, including, Best Playback Singer (Female) and Best Lyrics for the song ‘Ahare jibon’ from the India-Bangladesh joint venture film, ‘Doob’, directed by Mostafa Sarwar Farooki.
Pavel Areen got the nomination in Best Background Score category for the same film.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka