Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
Published : 20 Feb 2018, 17:02
Actress Emma Watson donated a million pounds to a new fund that aims to provide support for those affected by sexual harassment.
Reportedly, Actors Tom Hiddleston and Keira Knightley are also among the names listed on the official ‘Go Fund Me’ site with each donating 10,000 pounds.
Other donations include 500 pounds from actress Emma Thompson, and 1,000 pounds each from actresses Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Jodie Whittaker and Noomi Rapace. Watson, 27, who played Hermione Granger in the eight-film ‘Harry Potter’ franchise from 2001 to 2011, is reportedly worth 39 million pounds according to last year’s Sunday Times Rich List.
She was among the first to speak out against disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, who is facing accusations by numerous female stars of sexual harassment and rape. Watson worked with him in 2011 when she starred in his film ‘My week with Marilyn’.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India