Shah Rukh met Canadian PM Trudeau, family
Published : 22 Feb 2018, 16:44
Bollywood Superstar Shah Rukh Khan met Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his family in Mumbai on Tuesday evening. Justin Trudeau, along with wife Sophie Gregoire, daughter Ella-Grace and sons Xavier James and Hadrien landed in Delhi last Saturday
They are on a week-long visit to India. News agency AFP shared the pictures of SRK with the Trudeaus, where they are seen in Indian attires. The Canadian PM wore a sherwani while Mrs Trudeau draped a beautiful off-white sari. (His younger son Hadrien is missing from the pictures). Justin Trudeau is meeting representatives of Indian Film industry on Tuesday. They started their India visit with a trip to the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra.
‘For me to be able to be here on an official trip while bringing my kids with me to share this is really special and being able to enjoy this as a dad with my kids is really nice,’ he said after the visit. He is on his first state visit to India.
After Agra, the Trudeaus flew to Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's home state. They visited Mahatma Gandhi's Sabarmati Ashram and the Akshardham Temple in Gujarat there. His Gujarat itinerary also included a discussion with the students at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
Justin Trudeau is also expected to participate in business round-tables in Mumbai. His bilateral meeting with PM Modi is scheduled for February 23.
Last month, when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was on a visit to India, he attended an event in Mumbai named Shalom Bollywood. He met stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan and Karan Johar at the event.
Shah Rukh Khan is one of the most-acclaimed actors of the Indian film industry. He is currently filming Zero with Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign