Who is Daniela Vega? Meet the first transgender Oscar presenter
Published : 05 Mar 2018, 17:26
The 90th annual academy awards 2018 made a history on Sunday night when, 28-year-old actress Daniela Vega is from San Miguel, Chile who became the first transgender presenter at Oscars.
Daniela played Marina Vidal in the film “A Fantastic Woman” which won the best foreign language film award. The film is about a transgender singer faces scorn and discrimination after the sudden death of her older boyfriend. Vega plays a young trans singer who is in a relationship with a much older man. When he dies under mysterious circumstances, her life is thrown into disarray, especially as her life as an openly Trans woman draws prejudice and suspicion from members of her partner’s family.
Daniela first film was released in 2014, entitled, La Visita (The Guest) and it was her debut on the big screen. The actress has another interesting talent; she is a classically trained opera singer.
In a recent interview, she said, “I would like to play a mother or a pregnant woman. My body of work can expand because I like challenges. I think I could play male roles. I don’t limit myself.”
She also revealed that her dream is to work with the director Pedro Almodóvar, who directed 1999’s All About My Mother, 2016’s Julieta, and 2006’s Volver.
She came up to the stage at annual academy awards to introduce Sufjan Stevens and St. Vincent to perform “Mystery of Love” from the Oscar-nominated film Call Me by Your Name. She looked graceful in a red gown with neatly parted hairstyle and statement earrings.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors