Shakib, Apu officially separated
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 15:25
It's now official. On and off-screen couple, Shakib and Apu, are no longer married.
Dhallywood star Shakib's divorce from his wife of eight years, actress Apu, has been finalised as of today (12 march).
Dhaka North City Corporation Zone-3 executive officer Hemayet Hossain said the divorce would be in effect from today, Monday.
''The third and final hearing on the divorce of Shakib Khan and Apu Biswas was held today but none of them attended. As the 90-day period instructed by the law expires today, the case is disposed now and the divorce is effective from today,'' he said.
Contacted, Shakib said, “Everything has been done according to the law. I don't want to think over this anymore.
''I’m now busy with my work and want to keep myself busy this way,'' the actor added.
Shakib sent a divorce notice to Apu on 22 November, 2017. It needed three months for the divorce to officially go through.
The star couple married on 18 April 2008, but kept their marriage a secret. They continued their respective film careers without giving away their secret marriage. Then in a sensational television appearance on 10 April last year, Apu turned up with her six-month-old son Abram, and told the viewers, “I am Shakib’s wife. This is our son.”
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans