Shakib, Apu officially separated
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 15:25
It's now official. On and off-screen couple, Shakib and Apu, are no longer married.
Dhallywood star Shakib's divorce from his wife of eight years, actress Apu, has been finalised as of today (12 march).
Dhaka North City Corporation Zone-3 executive officer Hemayet Hossain said the divorce would be in effect from today, Monday.
''The third and final hearing on the divorce of Shakib Khan and Apu Biswas was held today but none of them attended. As the 90-day period instructed by the law expires today, the case is disposed now and the divorce is effective from today,'' he said.
Contacted, Shakib said, “Everything has been done according to the law. I don't want to think over this anymore.
''I’m now busy with my work and want to keep myself busy this way,'' the actor added.
Shakib sent a divorce notice to Apu on 22 November, 2017. It needed three months for the divorce to officially go through.
The star couple married on 18 April 2008, but kept their marriage a secret. They continued their respective film careers without giving away their secret marriage. Then in a sensational television appearance on 10 April last year, Apu turned up with her six-month-old son Abram, and told the viewers, “I am Shakib’s wife. This is our son.”
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka