‘Daas Dev’: Richa Chadha’s look is inspired by real-life politicians
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 18:37
Richa Chadha has been busy shooting back to back films this year. She is currently shooting for Anubhav Sinha’s Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai in Lucknow and is also promoting her upcoming release, Daas Dev.
Daas Dev is the modern interpretation of Dev Daas, directed by Sudhir Mishra with a stellar cast starring Richa Chadha, Rahul Bhatt, Aditi Rao Hydari, Saurabh Shukla and Vinit Kumar Singh to name a few.
Richa Chadha who plays Paro in the film is not only Dev Daas lover but also his competition. During the prep for this film, apart from understanding the landscape of UP politics, learning the body language of politicians and the dialect from the region, Richa also researched on many women MPs and MLA’s for her role in the film.
Her look is inspired by various powerhouse women in politics like Sonia Gandhi, Poonam Mahajan, and Dimple Yadav. We cannot wait to see her avatar in the film and hope her role is as strong as the women who have inspired it.
Sources say, “The film is set against a strong set up of politics in hinterland India. In this tale of Devdas with a twist, the women especially the role of Paro is shown to be a strong woman who takes on Dev in the game of politics. Richa’s character was etched taking references of appearances of several established woman political leaders to show authenticity to the character”.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM