‘Daas Dev’: Richa Chadha’s look is inspired by real-life politicians
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 18:37
Richa Chadha has been busy shooting back to back films this year. She is currently shooting for Anubhav Sinha’s Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai in Lucknow and is also promoting her upcoming release, Daas Dev.
Daas Dev is the modern interpretation of Dev Daas, directed by Sudhir Mishra with a stellar cast starring Richa Chadha, Rahul Bhatt, Aditi Rao Hydari, Saurabh Shukla and Vinit Kumar Singh to name a few.
Richa Chadha who plays Paro in the film is not only Dev Daas lover but also his competition. During the prep for this film, apart from understanding the landscape of UP politics, learning the body language of politicians and the dialect from the region, Richa also researched on many women MPs and MLA’s for her role in the film.
Her look is inspired by various powerhouse women in politics like Sonia Gandhi, Poonam Mahajan, and Dimple Yadav. We cannot wait to see her avatar in the film and hope her role is as strong as the women who have inspired it.
Sources say, “The film is set against a strong set up of politics in hinterland India. In this tale of Devdas with a twist, the women especially the role of Paro is shown to be a strong woman who takes on Dev in the game of politics. Richa’s character was etched taking references of appearances of several established woman political leaders to show authenticity to the character”.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack