‘Daas Dev’: Richa Chadha’s look is inspired by real-life politicians
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 18:37
Richa Chadha has been busy shooting back to back films this year. She is currently shooting for Anubhav Sinha’s Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai in Lucknow and is also promoting her upcoming release, Daas Dev.
Daas Dev is the modern interpretation of Dev Daas, directed by Sudhir Mishra with a stellar cast starring Richa Chadha, Rahul Bhatt, Aditi Rao Hydari, Saurabh Shukla and Vinit Kumar Singh to name a few.
Richa Chadha who plays Paro in the film is not only Dev Daas lover but also his competition. During the prep for this film, apart from understanding the landscape of UP politics, learning the body language of politicians and the dialect from the region, Richa also researched on many women MPs and MLA’s for her role in the film.
Her look is inspired by various powerhouse women in politics like Sonia Gandhi, Poonam Mahajan, and Dimple Yadav. We cannot wait to see her avatar in the film and hope her role is as strong as the women who have inspired it.
Sources say, “The film is set against a strong set up of politics in hinterland India. In this tale of Devdas with a twist, the women especially the role of Paro is shown to be a strong woman who takes on Dev in the game of politics. Richa’s character was etched taking references of appearances of several established woman political leaders to show authenticity to the character”.
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial