Trailer of first Bangla 3D animation series for children released
Published : 18 Apr 2018, 16:30
It’s a tough job for a parent to find a suitable online video programme for children, especially in Bangla. Sorry to say, there is not much out there.
Keeping this challenge in mind, a team of creative people came forward to make a 3D animated adventure series in Bangla language exclusively for children, and it is the first of its kind.
And to do it, they are collecting money from people online with an intension to "help children develop critical thinking, empathy and an appreciation for the rich heritage of Bengali culture."
You can enjoy a trailer (embedded above) released this month of the future series titled 'Chacha Bahinir Ajob Kahini'.
Maverick Studios came forward to introduce children classics, including fairytales of Bangla literature to the new generation in the form of an "adventure of a lifetime" with the adventure series.
"... on the wings of Chacha's fascinating stories, Jhumjhumi and Babu travel to a fantastic world of exotic creatures, magical realms and exhilarating conquests," the studio says in its project page.
This very first 3D animated children adventure will be made based on crowd funding in a much bigger platform with a world class quality.
"Be a part of a historic project - the first of its kind 3d animated series in Bangla. Play your part in bringing this series to life!" the makers of the animation said to encourage people to provide them with funds for the first three episodes of the series.
Each of the three episodes will be 10 minutes long.
Details of the project and those who want to contribute to it can be seen here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bangla-3d-animation-kids#/
Filmmaker Wahid in the project
Wahid Ibn Reza, working with Sony Pictures Imageworks in Vancouver of Canada, joined this animation project of Maverick Studio as a creative producer.
He also explains that cost of such productions is high and it is quite impossible for a single studio to provide money for it. Through crowd funding a person can extend his or her financial help to the project if he or she likes it.for each contribution and donation, there are specific privileges, he said in a Facebook post recently.
Reza is the writer, director, and executive producer of the first Bangla 2D animated feature film on the Liberation War 'Surviving71'. He hopes to release the short film by the end of next year and the full-length version in 2019-2020.
He was also a member of a team responsible for the stunning visual effects in Marvel's Doctor Strange released last year.
Reza is currently working as an as assistant production manager for the film Hotel Transylvania 3.
He also worked as a visual effects coordinator on the film Captain America: Civil War (2016) and Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016).
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women