Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik expecting first child
Published : 24 Apr 2018, 12:47
Grand Slam-winning Indian tennis player Sania Mirza and former Pakistan cricket captain Shoaib Malik are expecting their first child.
Mirza, 31, broke the news on her social media accounts with an image of a baby vest and a feeding bottle between two T-shirts bearing her and Malik's names.
Mirza has won six Grand Slam doubles titles, including the 2015 Wimbledon ladies' doubles with Martina Hingis.
She has not yet said if she will return to action after her pregnancy, reports BBC.
Her most recent appearance on the WTA Tour came at the China Open in Beijing in September. She has not played since because of a knee injury.
In 2005, she became the first Indian player to win a WTA tournament singles title and in 2015 the first Indian woman to top the world doubles rankings.
She is one of the biggest stars in Indian sport and has almost 25m followers combined on her Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Malik, 36, played 35 Tests for Pakistan between 2001 and 2015.
The pair married in April 2010 and are one of South Asia's highest-profile couples.
- Most viewed
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- 16 August Deaths
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest