Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik expecting first child
Published : 24 Apr 2018, 12:47
Grand Slam-winning Indian tennis player Sania Mirza and former Pakistan cricket captain Shoaib Malik are expecting their first child.
Mirza, 31, broke the news on her social media accounts with an image of a baby vest and a feeding bottle between two T-shirts bearing her and Malik's names.
Mirza has won six Grand Slam doubles titles, including the 2015 Wimbledon ladies' doubles with Martina Hingis.
She has not yet said if she will return to action after her pregnancy, reports BBC.
Her most recent appearance on the WTA Tour came at the China Open in Beijing in September. She has not played since because of a knee injury.
In 2005, she became the first Indian player to win a WTA tournament singles title and in 2015 the first Indian woman to top the world doubles rankings.
She is one of the biggest stars in Indian sport and has almost 25m followers combined on her Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Malik, 36, played 35 Tests for Pakistan between 2001 and 2015.
The pair married in April 2010 and are one of South Asia's highest-profile couples.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack