Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
Published : 24 Apr 2018, 16:55
Hollywood actor Bradley Cooper and singer-actress Lady Gaga made a pact to perform well before starting with ‘A Star Is Born’.
Cooper is directing the musical romantic drama remake of the 1937 film ‘A Star Is Born’, with Gaga in the lead role.
At the Tribeca Film Festival panel with his ‘Limitless’ co-star Robert De Niro, Cooper opened up about the pact that he and Gaga made before the cameras started rolling, reports variety.com.
“She said right from the beginning that this was going to be a bargain,” Cooper said.
“’I’m going to rely on you to get a performance that’s honest out of me’, because she’d never done a film before, and ‘I’m going to make sure you turn into a musician, because we’re going to sing everything live’.
“And I thought, wait, what? She said, ‘No, the only way this is going to work-I can’t stand when I watch movies when they have music and you can tell when it’s pre-recorded and people are lip-syncing’. And she’s right.
“So that was terrifying, but I really relied on her.”
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack