Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
Published : 24 Apr 2018, 16:55
Hollywood actor Bradley Cooper and singer-actress Lady Gaga made a pact to perform well before starting with ‘A Star Is Born’.
Cooper is directing the musical romantic drama remake of the 1937 film ‘A Star Is Born’, with Gaga in the lead role.
At the Tribeca Film Festival panel with his ‘Limitless’ co-star Robert De Niro, Cooper opened up about the pact that he and Gaga made before the cameras started rolling, reports variety.com.
“She said right from the beginning that this was going to be a bargain,” Cooper said.
“’I’m going to rely on you to get a performance that’s honest out of me’, because she’d never done a film before, and ‘I’m going to make sure you turn into a musician, because we’re going to sing everything live’.
“And I thought, wait, what? She said, ‘No, the only way this is going to work-I can’t stand when I watch movies when they have music and you can tell when it’s pre-recorded and people are lip-syncing’. And she’s right.
“So that was terrifying, but I really relied on her.”
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women