Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
Published : 25 Apr 2018, 18:25
Model Kazi Asif Rahman freed from jail after a Dhaka court granted him a conditional bail till May 6.
The court granted him bail after he pledged that from now on, he would not torture his wife and would bear the expenses of rearing his child.
A tribunal on Monday sent Asif to jail in a case filed for torturing his wife over dowry.
Earlier, on Sunday, police arrested Asif from the Airport area, said Mahfuzur Rahman Patwari, counsel of plaintiff Manisa Akter.
On March 3 last, Manisa Akter filed the case against the actor on charge of torturing her for dowry.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack