Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
Published : 25 Apr 2018, 18:25
Model Kazi Asif Rahman freed from jail after a Dhaka court granted him a conditional bail till May 6.
The court granted him bail after he pledged that from now on, he would not torture his wife and would bear the expenses of rearing his child.
A tribunal on Monday sent Asif to jail in a case filed for torturing his wife over dowry.
Earlier, on Sunday, police arrested Asif from the Airport area, said Mahfuzur Rahman Patwari, counsel of plaintiff Manisa Akter.
On March 3 last, Manisa Akter filed the case against the actor on charge of torturing her for dowry.
- Most viewed
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- 17 August Events
- 17 August Births
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Sloane Stephens reaches Rogers Cup semifinals
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- India's First Female SWAT Team Starts Work
- Man linked to reality TV star Bethenny Frankel found dead