Mim Mantasha crowned Lux Super Star-2018
Published : 12 May 2018, 16:01
Mim Mantasha won the coveted Lux Super Star-2018 title at a glittering event on Friday night.
Winning the crown, an elated Mim said, “This is something I can’t express.”
She competed against more than 12,000 contestants including four other finalists.
Sarwat Azad was announced the first runner up, while Samia Othoi became the second runner up.
Lux and Channel i jointly organised the beauty pageant after a 3-year pause.
Mim, a student of Jahangirnagar University saying, “This was the first time I participated in any beauty contest. I never expected to be the winner.”
The star studded event began at 7:30pm with a dance performance of the best-10 contestants of the beauty pageant.
The performance of the three star judges - Arifin Shuvoo, Tahsan and Sadia Islam Mou - also caught the eyes of audience.
The beauty contest’s ninth season with a brand new title ‘Channel i presents Lux Super Star’, however, started back in January.
Among twelve thousand participants all over the country, Samia Othoi, Mim Mantasha, Sarwat Azad, Ishrat Zaheen and Nabeela Afroz made their journey till the finale through various tasks such as photo shoot, acting, dancing, modelling sessions and many more.
Winner Mim received prize money of Tk 500, 000 and a brand new car. The cash prize for the first and second runner ups was Tk 400,000 and Tk 300,000.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- 15 September Deaths
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks