Selena Gomez terrified of recording new album
Published : 12 May 2018, 17:36
Singer Selena Gomez has delayed her third album as she fears to record a flop in the shadow of her hit track Revival.
The Come & get it hitmaker’s second solo album was released in 2015 and the star admits she’s found it harder than ever to complete the follow-up.
“This has been building for maybe two years,” she said during a chat on Apple Music’s Beats 1.
“I was really happy with ‘Revival’, but at the same time, I was terrified of doing another record because, for me, it could be like it was a step-down or I needed to beat that record, and I think every artist kind of struggles with that. So I waited.
I wanted it to be great and had I not waited a good year or two, I wouldn’t have had the best songs I’ve ever had,” said Gomez.
The singer is currently in the process of “finishing up” the third album and is yet to decide its release date.
She gave fans a taste of her new music by dropping Back to you on May 10 and quickly cleared up speculation suggesting the song is about her on-off romance with former boyfriend Justin Bieber.
The 25-year-old says the song was written with her hit TV drama 13 Reasons Why in mind.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- 15 September Deaths
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks