Selena Gomez terrified of recording new album
Published : 12 May 2018, 17:36
Singer Selena Gomez has delayed her third album as she fears to record a flop in the shadow of her hit track Revival.
The Come & get it hitmaker’s second solo album was released in 2015 and the star admits she’s found it harder than ever to complete the follow-up.
“This has been building for maybe two years,” she said during a chat on Apple Music’s Beats 1.
“I was really happy with ‘Revival’, but at the same time, I was terrified of doing another record because, for me, it could be like it was a step-down or I needed to beat that record, and I think every artist kind of struggles with that. So I waited.
I wanted it to be great and had I not waited a good year or two, I wouldn’t have had the best songs I’ve ever had,” said Gomez.
The singer is currently in the process of “finishing up” the third album and is yet to decide its release date.
She gave fans a taste of her new music by dropping Back to you on May 10 and quickly cleared up speculation suggesting the song is about her on-off romance with former boyfriend Justin Bieber.
The 25-year-old says the song was written with her hit TV drama 13 Reasons Why in mind.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling