Pooja Bhatt called ‘druggie’ for defending Priyanka, gets support from Mahesh Bhatt
Published : 13 Jun 2018, 16:46
Coming in support of Priyanka Chopra after the backlash she received due to Quantico‘s episode showcasing Hindu terror plot cost film producer Pooja Bhatt dear when she too finds herself at the receiving end of the abuses.
Taking to Twitter, Pooja had posted: “When Priyanka Chopra makes a mark for herself Internationally we claim her achievements as our own & then threaten to ban her films & make her apologise for a work of fiction that has been created by someone else. Can we please attempt to be larger than that?”
After this, the trolls turned their tirade towards Pooja Bhatt. A Twitter user called out Pooja as he wrote: “Started doing drugs now?”
However, Pooja definitely knows how to deal with such trolls. She replied with immense patience. Her tweet read, “Yes it is a drug called ‘reality’. Goes well with ‘tolerance’ & can be enhanced with a pinch or truckload of salt depending on one’s outlook on life”.
Director-producer Mahesh Bhatt immediately struck back and showed her daughter that he has her back. Mahesh Bhatt wrote on Twitter, “Trying to make a person who is blinded by his belief see reality is like trying to free a paranoid schizophrenic off his delusions”.
Priyanka Chopra, who featured in Quantico an episode of which portrayed Indian nationalists as terrorists trying to frame Pakistan in a terror plot, apologised after facing flak from Indian viewers.
In the episode, Priyanka, who plays Alex Parrish, is an anti-terrorism squad officer who unearths a conspiracy hatched by the terrorists planning a nuclear attack in Manhattan to frame Pakistan days before a scheduled India-Pakistan summit. The episode drew intense criticism from Indian fans.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’