‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
Published : 21 Jun 2018, 14:28
Mastatskaya Literatura (Fiction Literature), one of the leading publishing houses in Belarus, has translated Bangladesh’s national anthem “Amar Sonar Bangla (My Golden Bengal)” into Belarusian language.
The book “My Golden Bengal” is a set of translated collection of the poem by legendary poet Rabindranath Tagore.
The book will include the translations of Belarusian and several other languages of Russian region as well as Azerbaijani, Greek, Dutch, Mongolian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Kalmyk, Nogai and a number of other languages of Europe, and Asia.
The poem was translated into Belarusian jointly by Mikola Metlitskiy, Maria Kobets and Naum Galperovich while Valery Kazakov translated it into Russian, Dayana Lazarevich into Serbian, Valery Turgay o Chuvash, Agageldy Allanazarov into Turkmen, Mira Luksha into Polish, Shamishbay Sariev into Kazakh and Robert Minnullin into Tatar languages.
Dr Rashid Mustafa, who heads the office of the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) in Belarus, gives a Preface to the book, which will be presented on the Day of Belarusian Written Language in September 2018, said a press release.
“My motherland is Bangladesh and I am grateful to my Belarusian friends for initiating this cross-cultural literature project.” said Rashid Mustafa.
The compilers of the book are Alexander Karliukevich, Belarusian writer, Minister of Information of the Republic of Belarus, and Muzahidul Islam, Bangladeshi, who lives and works in the Republic of Belarus.
The lyrics of the 1913 Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore's poem, which became the Anthem of Bangladesh many years after writing, inspired not only Belarusian pets, but also writers from other countries to translate this wonderful poem into their native languages.
- Most viewed
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors