Actress Rani Sarkar passes away
Published : 07 Jul 2018, 16:16
Octogenarian actress Rani Sarkar passed away at the age of 86 at a private hospital on Satarday morning.
She breathed her last at 4am in the morning on Saturday, General Secretary of Bangladesh Chalacchitra Shilpi Samity (Bangladesh Film Artistes’ Association) Zayed Khan said.
She was undergoing treatment for old age complications.
After a short stint in theatre, Rani Sarker started her acting on silver screen in 1958 in AJ Karadars Urdu film Dur Hai Sukh Ki Gaon.
In her long career, the actress acted in around 250 films including Chanda, Talaash, Bandhon, Sangam, Ish Darti Par, Paiose, Kaise Kahu, Azan, Kacher Deyal, Kach Kata Hire, Behula, Anowara, Chhoddobeshi, Bhawal Sannyasi Titas Ekti Nadir Naam, Chandranath, Shubhoda, Devdas and others.
In 2016, Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina provided her financial support worth Tk 20 lakh. The same year, she received life time achievement award for her contribution in the film industry of Bangladesh.
Rani Sarkar was born on Sonatola village of Kaliganj thana of Satkhira district of Khulna Division in Bangladesh.
- Most viewed
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- 15 September Deaths
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- 15 September Events
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack