Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
Published : 09 Aug 2018, 17:36
With the success of Veere Di Wedding, Kareena Kapoor Khan has challenged the notion of female actors not being saleable after motherhood.
While the actor has already given her nod to Karan Johar's production Good News, she is said to be in talks for two major projects. Interestingly, it has been heard that the runaway success of Veere Di Wedding has prompted Kapoor to up her remuneration.
A source reveals, "Though Veere was a four-girl project, the film's opening and initial footfalls can be credited to Kareena's stardom. It is only fair that she capitalise on her star power, which is why she has increased her fee for the next few films. She apparently charged a ballpark figure of R7 crore for Veere Di Wedding. Her upcoming films will have her quoting Rs 10 crore-plus, negotiable depending on the number of days she is required to work on the project and the value she is bringing to the table."
Besides Good News that sees her teaming up with Akshay Kumar, rumours suggest she is in talks for Shah Rukh Khan's Salute and Karan Johar's next. However, the official announcements are pending. We reached out to Kapoor's team who remained unavailable for comment.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today