Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
Published : 18 Aug 2018, 16:02
Actress Huma Qureshi says she never dreamt about working with the popular Khans of Bollywood when she arrived in Mumbai as for her, being part of one film mattered to her the most.
On Tata Sky Acting Adda, Huma got into a conversation with her first casting director Mukesh Chhabra on “Chhabra ka Dabra”, a show on which Bollywood celebrities talk about their journey.
During the show, Chhabra asked if she dreamt of wanting to work with the Khans of the industry, said a statement.
The “Badlapur” actress said: “It honestly did not matter who I worked with when I arrived in Bombay. I just wanted to be a part of one film, any one film would do for me.”
She reminisced how she was advised to first get into good commercials to get noticed by film directors.
Following the advice, Huma got to act in television commercials alongside stars like Aamir Khan, Abhishek Bachchan and many other big names of the industry.
She recalled how her first time on the set left her baffled. But thanks to her experience as a stage actor, she had immense confidence while performing and even got noticed for her debut film “Gangs of Wasseypur”, that won her awards.
- Most viewed
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors