Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
Published : 18 Aug 2018, 16:19
Shutting down all the rumours, Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas finally got engaged on 18 August.
On Saturday morning, the happy couple performed the ‘roka’ ceremony in a very traditional way. Donning the ethnic Indian attires, both Nick and Priyanka solemnized their relationship at the actress’ Mumbai residence.
Priyanka looked heavenly in the lime green suit and Nick embraced the Indian look in pristine white kurta pajama. The photographs from the ceremony did the rounds on social media, but an official statement or update from the celebrities is still awaited.
One of the photographs shows Nick cosying up to Priyanka, who holds on to him.
The increased activity at Priyanka’s residence from the past two to three days had indicated preparations for a celebration. On Friday evening, people were busy decking up the semi-circular balcony with green foliage.
Nick arrived here on Thursday night with his parents — mother Denise and father Kevin Jonas Sr.
The Jonas patriarch even carried a big Tiffany & Co. bag in his hand, fuelling the rumours about the formal ceremony to celebrate the couple’s engagement.
Over the last few months, Priyanka and 25-year-old Jonas have been spotted on several dates, including a dinner date in New York City and at Beauty and the Beast Live Concert in Los Angeles.
The talks of Priyanka and Nick relationship sparked after they were spotted at a baseball match in Los Angeles. The actress was also photographed chilling out with Nick and his friends on Memorial Day holiday.
- Most viewed
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue